There are 500 million people across the world who have English as their first language, which gives UK e-tailers a great advantage when expanding across borders, but language isn't the only consideration.
Find out more about Asendia's international shipping services
Firstly, where are these English speakers based?
What other considerations will help increase your international sales?
How important are these factors?
Flow.io looked into these elements a little further to see how important they were to people in different countries. They found:
There are a whole host of ecommerce platforms (eshopworld, Shopify, Magento and Bigcommerce) that will help with most of these options and others, but you’ll also need to consider the ‘real world’ aspects of buying and selling overseas to.
This becomes even more apparent when you see Flow.io’s research reveals that slow product delivery is a big factor for many customers, in particular for those in the US.
Getting your items to your customers safely, securely and on time is of prime importance. You’ll need a mail delivery solution that helps you build on your strong reputation and hit the ground running in unfamiliar territory.
So how do you choose an international parcel delivery provider that can support your global expansion?
First and foremost, make sure they can integrate with your chosen eCommerce platform. They’ll need to be able to receive notifications into their system so they can then grab the baton and get the customer journey finished within the agreed time frames.
You’ll also need to look at:
- Delivery cost and options and returns process – their prices need to be right for you and your customers
- Proven quality – check out reviews and listen to what other businesses have to say
- International shipping and local knowledge – another big consideration if you’re expanding into new locations
- Flexibility – As you grow can they adjust your package to cope? Can they offer storage space and manage your picking and packing too?
- User friendly technology – you need to devote your time to running your business not learning a new complicated system that is painful to use
- An easy-to-use service – the relationship needs to be nurtured but easy to manage
To find out how Asendia can help you tap into the worldwide English-speaking market get in touch.
Asendia's international shipping services for online stores large and small
We handle the fulfilment and shipping of international orders for some of the biggest etail brands in the world and hundreds of smaller online stores too.
Find out more about our international order fulfilment services
See details about our international packet and parcel services