Key facts about our mailing fulfilment services
These are the key reasons many leading brands choose Asendia's mailing houses:
- Mailing houses in Bedford and Southampton
- High quality mailing fulfilment (ISO 9001 & ISO 14000 accredited)
- End to end mailing house solutions (from data and print to enveloping, polywrapping and postal services)
- Our Bedford based mailing house handles mailings up to 1 million+ and our Southampton mailing house handles mailings of 100 to 100,000 items
- Asendia is Europe's second largest postal operator and our mailing houses can produce mail ready for distribution by Asendia's global postal services
- Asendia also provide UK mail solutions
- Our UK mailing houses have 40 and 25 years experience
- Our mailing houses aim to provide unrivaled client service
Ultimately by choosing Asendia's mailing houses you can access low postage rates and competitive fulfilment prices; you can be assured of a high quality service; you get it all under one roof... saving you time, money, and hassle; and you'll like working with our people too.
Envelope inserting services are available at both of our mailing houses. We have 4 high speed envelope inserting lines and our capabilities include intelligent envelope inserting and selective envelope insertion.
- Up to six inserts
- DL to C4 envelope sizes
- Up to 10,000 per hour, selective inserting of primary document
- Camera and barcode/datamatrix reader to ensure 100% integrity
- Windowed and non-windowed envelopes
- Plain and printed envelopes
Often known as 'envelope stuffing', we have a team of people that work on envelope inserting jobs not suitable for machines. They work to ISO 9001 standards and provide an excellent option for:
- Low volume jobs
- Jobs using non-machinable envelopes
With 4 Sitma polywrapping lines we polywrap up to 4 million items per month, we can insert up to 10 items per pack, and provide inkjet printing or carrier sheet addressing.
Asendia is one of the UK's leading polywrapping specialists for magazine publishers, and we handle famous catalogues too. Our polywrapping services are ISO9001:2008 quality approved, and as well as polywrapping we offer a number of value added options i.e. inkjet addressing, laser printing, polywrap film buying, UK and international postal services etc.
Our polywrapping service includes:
- 4 Sitma polywrapping lines.
- Online inkjet addressing.
- Carrier-sheet insertion. (We also offer sheet-fed & continuous laser printing services).
- Capacity for up to 10 inserts in one polywrapped pack.
- Selective insertion of 3 inserts.
- A covermounter (pick 'n' place with or without glue).
- Missing product and double sheet detectors.
- Tabloid folder.
As well as mechanised mail production we have a team of handworkers. This offers maximum flexibility as our handworkers produce mail that is not machinable, or is too low volume to justify setting up a machine.
- Polybagging and enveloping
- Direct mail production
- Kitting and collation
- Bellybanding and labelling
- Enclosing into jiffy bags and boxes, etc
By employing handworkers as well as machines we can usually meet the needs of all our clients, whether it's a simple mailing or complex packaging requirements.
We offer the highest quality digital printing solution with the famous HP Indigo 7500 digital printing press. The HP Indigo 7500 provides print quality that is unsurpassed in the market, and it can print on over 700 substrates, so you are really only limited by your imagination!
We also have two Xeroz 700 colour digital presses ideal for printing letters, invoices, carrier-sheets, etc, and finishing kit that includes a booklet maker, card cutter, a tabbing machine and a wide range of folders, guillotines and inserting equipment.
We also have a print management department that could save you time and money when sourcing:
- Business cards
- Direct mail
- Carrier sheets
- POS material
We provide a wide range of data services to complement our mail printing and fulfilment services. Having good data is key to your mailing's success!
The aims of our data management services are to ensure you:
- Achieve the maximum postage discount through data sorting
- Minimise wastage by cleansing your data
- Maximise the ROI from your mailing activities
- Have a high quality source of mailing lists to buy
- Provide a secure cost effective solution for hosting and managing your data
Mail returns management
Handling returns yourself can be a costly process, and how often do the gone-aways actually get removed from your database? This means you have ineffective data which only causes wastage and harms your sales effort.
Why not let us handle your returns and provide you with an Excel file of gone-aways which you can upload to your database.
Parcel returns management
Having a suitable returns process can be the difference between a shopper placing their order or abandoning their shopping cart. And when dealing with international shoppers it becomes even more important to have a parcel supplier that understands the local preferences of each market and has effective returns management systems in place.
We have a range of returns solutions, so contact us today.
Why choose Asendia?
Why choose Asendia?
Asendia has genuine differences to our competitors:
- With over 350 employees across 4 sites in the UK and a British heritage of over 40 years, Asendia provides expert international mail solutions and is a key partner for all your domestic and global mailing needs.
- If you choose our end-to-end service from print to post means you deal with just one supplier, providing consistent quality… not to mention saving you time and trouble.
- With our founding partners, we have a global network and unrivaled expertise to France and Switzerland.
- Sustainability is in our DNA. Since July 2014, our carbon offset scheme ensures all mail deliveries from European customers are carbon neutral, at no cost to the customer.
- Our air conveyance unit at Heathrow gives us unique access to direct line hauls to over 200 destinations. Faster, more accountable, reliable.
- Being part of a global organisation gives us financial stability, meaning your business can grow safely in our hands
Plus our experienced team are friendly professionals you can trust to find solutions that are easy to use. Just ask!
What do we handle?
What do we handle?
We handle orders for a wide variety of fulfilment activities, these include low volume mailings and mailings of millions of items:
- Invoices and statements
- Direct mail
- Magazines, journals and newspapers
- Leaflets and flyers
- Welcome packs
- Membership cards
- Packets and parcels
- Boxes/cartons of goods
- POS material and merchandise
We handle fulfilment for charities, ecommerce businesses, publishers, travel companies, corporates, leisure businesses, universities, associations and more.
We work with a wide variety of businesses. From SME's to leading brands in retail, publishing, finance, ecommerce, tourism, publishing, charities...
- Asthma UK
- OK! Magazine
- Paul's Boutique
- The Economist
- The Entertainer
- Tourism Ireland
- Diabetes UK
We pride ourselves on being a high quality business that customers can trust.
Accreditations and Memberships
We have the following accreditations and memberships:
- ISO 9001 and ISO 14000 accredited
- Corporate partner of The Woodland Trust
- FSC approved
- Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
- Mail Carriers Association (MCA)
- Associate Member of the Periodical Publishers Association (PPA)
- DMA Response Handling Commitment Scheme
- Founder Member of IMDAS (International Mail Distribution Accreditation Scheme).
- Royal Mail Bronze Member, Mailing House Scheme.
- ‘Highly Commended’ by PPA at Magazine Production Awards 2006.
- Winner at the Corporate Communications Awards 2014
For postal services we simply need to know the size, weight, volumes, and destinations. However print and fulfilment quotes require more detailed information and we hope this documents helps, or please call us on 01234 848415.
Don't let this detailed document put you off, if you'd prefer to send us an email or talk through your needs please contact us.